Thursday, May 24, 2007





TA DA!





Silas has complete kitchen cabinets and ceramic tile counter tops.





We completed the task, Praise the Lord, around 1:30 this afternoon.





He has some minor things that have to be completed, but should be in soon.





We are having dinner with Silas tonight at the Picadilly.





We have off loaded all the items that we used belonging to the Westbank Recovery Center, bought our T-shirts and given the final report to Kathy Powers, Assistant Coordinator.





Except for packing our luggage, we are ready to head North in the morning. The time we will leave New Orleans is largely determined by the time the Algiers Ferry opens, which is 6:30. So we will be heading out of New Orleans by 7:00 tomorrow.





Of course, that's assuming we get home from the French Quarter by that time tomorrow. Bye Bye, P3

Now Steve # 1

This completes my third mission trip to the Katrina ravaged area, and it is still overwhelming!
I cannot keep the tears from my eyes and cheeks, or my heart, as I recall the things I have seen, compared to the minsicule things I have been a part of accomplishing.

I know it is a trick of satan (I refuse to capitalize the name) but that dad-blamed elephant seems to be growing. Sure, it must be eaten one bite at a time, but you get that one bite swallowed, look around and WOW! So much more to be done. I know, to take more bites, we need more mouths!

Aurora UMC has just recieved some copies of "Meeting GOD in the ruins". , devotions for disaster relief volunteers. I shall sign off with a couple of prayers from that booklet, hoping it inspires others to come.

Send me patience, the fruit of your Spirit, Lord. I can do small things and over time see large things come to fruition. You have led us to this task; you will help us finish it. Amen.

God, I want to be a blessing and came away having been blessed more than I know. Be with those who continue to recover and those who continue to help. Grant all of us your shalom. Amen.

Steve Hoskins

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all did it! Great job! I'm excited for Silas. Please be careful in your travels tomorrow-hopefully you won't get to practice your new-found skills on changing a trailer tire. By the way, that picture of Bud is very familiar to me-I see it many nights from the viewpoint of my easy chair. Love you all. Karen

6:27 PM  
Blogger John 3 said...

GREAT WORK **The FAB Four**
It will be good to see you guys tomorrow evening. Drive SAFE and Leave the Praying to US.

Job well Done Good and Faithful SERVANT

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Splendid job! I want cabinet tops like that! I think you guys are wonderful. Keep yourselves safe and know that we're waiting for you with arms wide open. We're so proud of you. LOVE YOU ALL! Leslie

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home